The hard reality that students face now is that the cost of pursuing their dreams is difficult because tertiary education is expensive.
Incoming AB Broadcasting sophomore Mark Juneil Bucao recollects his thoughts when high school graduation came upon him. His dilemma is whether he can join the next graduation rites he hoped for himself to attend – the one that happens in college. “I remember being really worried because we don’t have much money. I might not finish college,” Bucao said.
Kuya Daniel Razon’s campaign Isang Araw Lang (Just One Day) skyrockets the nation with the help of different volunteer groups. Here are a few updates of the Isang Araw Lang recent activities.
1. Law Center ni Kuya served 4, 264 people and counting. Thanks to volunteer lawyers: Atty. Pacing, Atty. Roque, Atty. Tudio, Atty. Soriano, among others.
2. Feeding Program to the pupils of Leopoldo B. Santos Elementary School, Baesa, Quezon City. Spearheaded by Presidents’ League, Mother’s Club, and the youth of Members, Church of God International (MCGI).
3. Free college education offering Mass Communication and Nursing courses are on the pipeline and will be open soon.
3. Medical mission in Balagatas, Bulacan launched today, July 31, 2009. This free daily service is simultaneous to Clinic ni Kuya aired in the morning program, Good Morning Kuya.
4. Medical mission in Davao and Cebu continues to serve kababayans in Visayas.
5. Medical mission in Bicol soon to launch.
6. BREAD Society contributes to the Balik Eskwela Program. They clean, repair and repaint public schools nationwide.
7. One of the dirtiest river in Caloocan City now looks spic and span after a clean-up drive with the help of the youth of MCGI and BREAD Society.
8. Rotary Club of Kamuning had a medical mission in M.H del Pilar Elementary School. They also gave out free medicines and nutritional foods. Thanks to the Kamanggagawa Foundation for the mobile clinic with volunteer doctors and nurses.
9. Quick Action 116 Team goes as far as Bohol to clean one of the dirty rivers in the province.
10. Celebrity Ina Alegre gave away slippers to her kababayans in Mindoro.
11. Tree Planting in Sapang Alat. Bible Readers Society International (BREAD Society) and other youth groups joined hands in seeding the goma plant.
12. Kamanggagawa Transient Home continues to house transients and or travelers with free dinner served to them.
Contribute to Isang Araw Lang. How? copy and paste the logo to your blog and don’t forget to spread the word!